Options

Navision and FRX

jimreedjrjimreedjr Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-09-03 in Navision Financials
Has anyone (NSC) had any luck in getting Navision Financials 2.6 to work with FRX? I realize that FRX does not support Navision's GL. But I thought one of you wizards out there might know of someone who has written something that works.
Our client has bought Navision Financials with Analyst, but they like the trees in FRX, and so they want us to sell them FRX as well.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Reed
Managing Director
(909) 688-9100, Ext 101

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    What is FRX?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Jim:

FRx requires a software-specific DLL to be written that allows FRx to read information from the source (e.g. Navision) database. Unfortunately, Navision's use of flow fields instead of summary fields ("buckets") makes this problematic for FRx's structure - I doubt that Navision will ever put in the effort to work with FRx to solve this problem.

Luyk:

FRx is a Financial Statement report generator. Originally an independent company, it is now owned by Microsoft Great Plains. However, it integrates with 20+ accounting software programs, including Sage/Acuity, Sage/Masxxx, Solomon, Epicor, and others. It has some very powerful and nice-to-use features. It is row and column-oriented, slightly similar to Account Schedules, but much more powerful.

Ron

Ron Saritzky
    email rsaritzky@cbhinc.com
    Ron