Options

NAV 2013 - Limited User Query

pmusupmusu Member Posts: 55
edited 2013-05-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

In NAV new license, you can set a limited user.
The license states that you can select limited users with write access up to 3 tables.
"Read" access data contained in the ERP solution through any client accessing the
application via the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Programming Interface (API) including
but not limited to the User Interface Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics NAV , Timesheet functionality ,Write access through any client accessing the ERP solution via the Microsoft Dynamics NAV
API to a maximum of 3 table objects in any range number and any table described in Appendix A
do not count towards the 3 table objects.[/
quote]

http://www.dynamicsblog.at/index.php/2012/09/28/nav2013-full-user-and-limited-user-permi

Where can the customer/partner select which 3 tables to select for write access?

Thanks in advance
Peter

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    In NAV 7 there is no setup for the 3 tables. It's based on honor system. Next version of NAV will have this implemented.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    KCLaiKCLai Member Posts: 31
    Hi,

I am proposing a Sales Order Entry input screen via Limited User.
    We just update Sales Haeader, Sales Line, and Assembled Qty.
    Can this license work?
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Depends how it handles all the indirect tables that get inserts and updates - maybe that needs to be done by a job queue instead.
    I think we need more clarification from Microsoft.
  • Options
    gerardorenteriagerardorenteria Member Posts: 1
    Hi ara3n, you said "In NAV 7 there is no setup for the 3 tables. It's based on honor system. Next version of NAV will have this implemented.".
    I created an user with license Type Limited, I do nothing else.
    I enter with this user and post a purchase document and a journal. No message show up.
    I forgot something to do?
    My English is not so good. Sorry.

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards

Gera
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ara3n wrote:
    In NAV 7 there is no setup for the 3 tables. It's based on honor system. Next version of NAV will have this implemented.

Sorry to bring this up again. I haven't sold a Limited User license yet, but... You're joking right?

So if the client buys all limited users, they essentially have full access to NAV?
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Yeah...but they won't be license compliant. It was the same with the light named users prior to NAV 2009...at times we competed with partners that were going to connect (in one case) 250 users to NAV through an external (custom) web interface, and they were charging $0 for licenses. It would have worked fine...but the customer would have been in complete violation of license agreements.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    I would also think that microsoft would do some sort of audits/checks when processing new customer orders. If they see an order come through with all limited users, or even just 1 or 2 full users and a bunch of limited users, they should be calling the partner to ask what the scenario is.