A fatal error occurred when connecting 2013 !

manikandanmanikandan Member Posts: 160
edited 2014-03-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
I have successfully created Multiple Services (by using Microsift Dynamics NAV Administration).
afterthat i will try to connect the additional services rather than default service then it will show the error message like this:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
A fatal error occurred. The connection to SQL server cannot be established or is no longer usable. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:
* The server has been shut down manually or because of an error.
* The SQL server connection settings are not correct
* A network failure has occurred.
* A hardware failure has occurred on the server or on your computer.
Try again later or contact your system administrator.
OK
please help me. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Thanks,
Muthusubramanian.m

Answers

• clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    I had exact same problem on my Windows 8 machine. Tried many things to resolve this issue, but endded up uninstalling NAV 2009 R2 and NAV 2013 on the machine and then installed both products again.

That finally resolved the issue for me!!!

Hopefully there is an easier solution to this problem, but I have not found it yet.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • ajithnavajithnav Member Posts: 16
    Even i am having a similar problem. I have created 4 instances of which 2 are getting connected and 2 are showing errors. One of the running instance is the Demo instance.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
    There are no NAV Server instances available for this database. You must ensure that a NAV Server instance is running and is configured to use the database before you perform this activity.
    OK
    Thanks,
    Ajith
  • gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
    Hi All,

We Uninstalled everything except Windows and installed again, but still getting same Error.

Can you help us someone on this.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Muthu
  • dave_cdave_c Member Posts: 46
    I had the problem in the OP, I checked all of the permissions in SQL and one was missing, but I cannot remember which :oops:. I would suggest going through the below article and making sure nothing is missing:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... abase.aspx
  • gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
    Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your valuable input. I hope this will clear our issues.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Muthu
    Hi All,
    The above issue has been solved. Please check the permissions for the user in SQL. Also restart the NAV service for the instance after assigninig the permissions.
    Thanks,
    Ajith
  • clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Yes that solved the issue I just did the following:

1. Open SQL Studio
    2. Double clicked on the "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" user under "Security / Logins"
    3. Selected "User Mapping"
    4. Check marked the database I needed access to
    5. And copied in "$ndo$navlistener" into "Default Schema" for selected database
    6. And at last checked marked:
    db_datareader
    db_datawriter
    db_ddadmin

Then without restarting service or RTC it just worked :-)

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Just a tip: Often when you get connection errors like the one described, you will be able to find a more detailed error description in the event log. Even though you have already resolved the issue; could you please take a look in the event viewer?
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • manikandanmanikandan Member Posts: 160
    clausl wrote:
    Yes that solved the issue I just did the following:

1. Open SQL Studio
    2. Double clicked on the "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" user under "Security / Logins"
    3. Selected "User Mapping"
    4. Check marked the database I needed access to
    5. And copied in "$ndo$navlistener" into "Default Schema" for selected database
    6. And at last checked marked:
    db_datareader
    db_datawriter
    db_ddadmin

Then without restarting service or RTC it just worked :-)

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Hi Claus,
    Thanks for your valuable input.Now my issue is solved. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Thanks,
    Muthusubramanian.m
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Hi All

I am getting the attached error as well

We have the 3 tiers on separate machines so my service tier is running under a domain account. I have checked in SQL that the user for the service tier has the listen schema and the correct roles as per Claus's comment. I have restarted the service tier and client but still get the error.

If I look in the database information from the Development Client The Service Instance is blank so i assume this is the problem. Nothing showing in the event viewer on the client machine.

regards

Ian
    Regards

Ian
    Hi All

I am getting the attached error as well

We have the 3 tiers on separate machines so my service tier is running under a domain account. I have checked in SQL that the user for the service tier has the listen schema and the correct roles as per Claus's comment. I have restarted the service tier and client but still get the error.

If I look in the database information from the Development Client The Service Instance is blank so i assume this is the problem. Nothing showing in the event viewer on the client machine.

regards

Ian

Open Microsoft Dynamics NAV Administration and check whether the Database Server Name, Database Instance Name and Database Name are mentioned correctly in the NAV service that you are running. The Database Server Name, Database Instance Name and Database Name should be of the SQL server that you are trying to connect the development environment with.
    Check the attached screenshot of a Running Dynamic Server Instance.
    Thanks,
    Ajith
    Have doubled checked those and they are fine. I should have said I can connect to the service tier happily on the same machine with the RTC client.
    Regards

Ian
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Did youn try to set the Server Instance under
    Tools-->Options?
    We did try setting it under Tools->Options and it didn't appear to make a difference.
    Regards

Ian
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Once again great that we have this forum. Specially for things you do not do a lot and come around only once in a year. Tghis post helped my out. Thanx!
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Server instance: DynamicsNAV71
    Tenant ID: default
    Session type: RoleTailoredClient
    Session ID: 28
    User: **************
    Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
    ClientConnectionId: 9a33f1c6-acc7-4b30-8017-bdc6ea3d9ab0
    Class: 11
    LineNumber: 0
    Number: -2
    Server: DEV-SQL1-APP
    State: 0
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    ErrorCode: -2146232060
    Message: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    StackTrace:
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniSyncOverAsync()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadNetworkPacket()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryPrepareBuffer()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadByte(Byte& value)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteTransactionManagerRequest(Byte[] buffer, TransactionManagerRequestType request, String transactionName, TransactionManagerIsolationLevel isoLevel, Int32 timeout, SqlInternalTransaction transaction, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionYukon(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalTransaction.Rollback()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlTransaction.Rollback()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.ExecuteAction(Action action, NavSqlCommand command)
    HResult: -2146232060
    Type: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
    NativeErrorCode: 258
    ErrorCode: -2147467259
    HResult: -2147467259
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n