Windows XP will support NAV 2013 development environment?

gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
edited 2014-03-03 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I have installed NAV 2013 in my windows server 7, and then I installed NAV 2013 Role Tailored Client setup in my machine, and then I can able to connect NAV 2013 development environment also I can do the development.
Then problem is that:
In my company few developers has Windows XP machine. I installed NAV 2013 Role Tailored Client setup in Windows XP machine, and then I can able to connect NAV 2013 RTC. But NAV 2013 development environment not able open.
The following error message coming while connecting the development environment from windows XP machine. But RTC client working fine.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
The following ODBC error occurred:

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
State ID: IM002
OK

In windows XP machine I tried to open NAV 2013 development environment with SA and windows login as well, but the same error coming.

Please help me anyone. Thanks in advance.
Thanks & Regards,
Muthu

Answers

• ddlarscddlarsc Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 19
    edited 2012-09-21
    We are not supporting Windows XP anymore and therefore haven't done any validation on this OS for NAV 2013.

Please see this link for NAV 2013 requirement
    "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301054(v=nav.70).aspx"
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Lars-Bo Christensen
    Software Developer @ Microsoft
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Interesting to see that Vista isn't supported. (Which is a good thing of course :mrgreen: )

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301054%28v=nav.70%29.aspx
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Why would Microsoft NOT support Windows Vista :-k ?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    kriki wrote:
    Why would Microsoft NOT support Windows Vista :-k ?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it's something Microsoft would like to forget, like Windows ME.
  • zsbuserzsbuser Member Posts: 1
    I got the RTC to work on windows XP pro. Nav 2013 is running on my virtural server on 2008 r2 64 bit. What i had to do is install each exe. Reportviewer, vcredist_x86, vstor40_x86. Once i had those programs installed i was able to install RTC 2013. I did noticed that it wasn't supported. So i wonder how short lived this is.
  • GeffGeff Member Posts: 22
    How r u able to install Nav 2013 windows client on Windows XP. I have tried and the Nav 2013 installer does not get past 'trying to install dot net 4.5' which cannot be installed on my windows XP as the installer 'informs me'. Why? coz windows XP does not support dot net 4.5???...
    some help please (even though Microsoft does not support this... :mrgreen: )
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Probably he could install NAV2013 because it wasn't untill the final that .NET 4.5 was required.
    I believe he got his hands on a pre-release version and combined with this post from Mr. Brummel. I would say it explains it all.

The ONLY solution is to upgrade. XP has been around long enough. (I went trough Highschool with that single OS :/ ).
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • MaqMaq Member Posts: 1
    I have installed NAV 2013 in my windows 7 64 bit, and then I installed NAV 2013 Role Tailored Client setup in my machine, and then I can able to connect NAV 2013 RTC but development environment i am getting error.
    The following ODBC error occurred: Error:Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified State ID:IM002
  • guidorobbenguidorobben Member Posts: 157
    I have the same problem as Maq. Anyone knows the answer to this problem?