different between entry type initial entry and application

ahmedbaahmedba Member Posts: 424
what is different between entry type initial entry and application in dynamic nav. and if entry type application and document type invoice this true or false
thanks

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Ahmed,

the entry type of the detailed ledger entry specifies the type of value added to this (non-detailed) entry.
    Initial Entry: Initial Value at creation
    Application: Amount subtracted due to application ( but only for the remaining amount)
    All others: Adjustments due to accounting logic.
    To get an idea how this works you can have a look into the CalcFormula property of the Cust. Ledger Entries' FlowFields (practically all amount fields).

with best regards

Jens
  • ahmedbaahmedba Member Posts: 424
    ok if i build detaile trial balance report based on cust.ledg.entry table only without using detailed .cust.ledg.entry table are this true
    and it will give me true result
    Hi Ahmed
    ahmedba wrote:
    ok if i build detaile trial balance report based on cust.ledg.entry table only without using detailed .cust.ledg.entry table are this true
    and it will give me true result

no. Please have a look at Report 104 "Customer Detail Trial Balance" and work from there. The values of the cust. ledg. entries are always stored in the detailed entries, and usually you have to go over these to get the report you need.

with best regards

Jens
    what is the benefit from using Detailed.cust.ledg entry
    Hi Ahmed,
    ahmedba wrote:
    what is the benefit from using Detailed.cust.ledg entry

... it's more on the line of "works" vs. "not working". If you know what you're doing, and the requirements of your report allow it, you can also use customer ledger entries only. It depends a little on what you need to show, and in which detail. As for the Report 104, it is doing the summations the right way. The catch is that you simply don't have a flowfield in the cust. ledger entries which adds up everything except application. To show a true balance, you need to add all detailed entries except for the "Application" type.

with best regards

Jens
    Are there are any way to prevent entry type application from repeated to every entry in detailed cust ledg entry table
    Hi Ahmed,
    ahmedba wrote:
    Are there are any way to prevent entry type application from repeated to every entry in detailed cust ledg entry table

... sorry, I don't understand. Can you please give some more information on your report structure?

with best regards

Jens