Loading default dimension of an account when posting order

itonevaitoneva Member Posts: 7
Hi to everyone,
I have the following problem : I've setup a default dimension to an account with Value Posting = Code Mandatory- it is the 1 global dimension. Then I try to post an order where the account is posted. If the dimension is not filled in the order line an error occurs that a dimension value for the account is needed. I expected that the default dimension wil be transferred automatically from the account in the posting routine, but this doesn't happen - have I missed something or this is not the standard logic?

Thanks in advance for the help
Regards
Irina Toneva

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, you just set that there must be some dim code when posting something to this account. The real value of this dimension must be transfered from the document you are posting. To this document the dimension could be taken from Customer, Item or another table, or manually. But this depends on settings and on how the system is used.

Mandatory dimensions on some accounts could make usage of the system very difficult, if you are not entering the dimensions everywhere and you do not have default dimension set on different tables.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • itonevaitoneva Member Posts: 7
    Thanks very much for the quick answer. It gives me the idea how to solve my problem :D