dataport

AsharafAsharaf Member Posts: 12
Hi......

i have a item No. like 01010104006000 , 01010104006000.

I am traying to export my purchase pricelist through dataport and saving it as CSV formate.

In the csv my item number shows as 1.0101E+12. I have tried formate cell property of excel and it displays me

1010104006000 without starting with zero. How can i achieve the result same as my item no. when i do dataport.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Make sure that the value in your csv-file is enclosed within " so it's treated as a text-value in Excel.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • AsharafAsharaf Member Posts: 12
    Hi Luc Van Dyck,

thanks for your reply,

i have around 1000 items. when i put the '' manually it treated as text as you said but there is no zero at the staring point. I need to change the the price and need to be import it back.

but i need to be display item number as same as in item master. Is there any other way to achieve this? I have tried the FORMATE property also.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    When you want Excel to treat an integer as text, you type ' before the integer in de Excel column. So try exporting the Item No. as "'01010104006000" in the CSV-file (that is the " character followed by ').
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • AsharafAsharaf Member Posts: 12
    Hi Luc Van Dyck,

thanks for your reply,

i have tried what you sujjested, now it displaying me my item no. as like 01010204005000"

=D>

Thanks for your help.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Asharaf wrote:
    In the csv my item number shows as 1.0101E+12

To verify your csv - open the file in NOTEPAD.
    This sounds like you are checking your file by opening it in excel.

If you want to open it in excel you should use Data->(get external data)->From Text.
    it will give you a choice to format the data & columns and make sure your "Item No" column is set to TEXT.
  • skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    Try to add this character ' before exporting and it will format as Text.