Windows authentication login from Windows 8

lbalagelbalage Member Posts: 5
Hi all,

I have the following problem:

My colleague installed Windows 8 on his computer, and he tries to log in into NAV with windows authentication.

NAV version: NAV5 SP1
database type: SQL

He gets the following error message:

18452,"28000"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

We can log in into NAV from all Windows 7 computers.

What might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• james_csjames_cs Member Posts: 39
    the Windows 8 computer is on the domain, isn't it?
  • lbalagelbalage Member Posts: 5
    james_cs wrote:
    the Windows 8 computer is on the domain, isn't it?

Yes, it is in domain
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And is in same domain? And are you logged in by the doain account or by live id?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    well, I didn't have the opportunity to examine this computer personally, but my colleague said, that after he installed Win8, he logged in with his Live ID. Then he started a VPN to our company network, and joined to the domain. After it he logged in with his domain user, and since then he uses the domain account.
    But this is his first encounter with Win8 (and mine as well), so he may missed something.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Ask the user to run as different user and enter the domain user credentials. The windows user is local user and not domain user. The computer has not been added to the domain.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Thanks for the help, it turned out that that the computer was not in the domain...