Create contact as person only, and related to a customer

mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
Below quote describes exactly how it works in NAV:
DenSter wrote:
That part is one of the basic principles of the CRM area within NAV, and I would personally think of something other than changing the core application. Just let the system create the company type contact, and extend functionality to create a person contact that is related to the company. This is already in the system by the way. From the customer card, open the contact, and from there you can add a contact into the company contact.

Some customers I have sell directly to a person in the shop and they don't want to create a "company-contact" + "person-contact" + "customer".

I can't believe this hasn't been solved by partners in the retail business :) so is it possible to have the following combinations:

1 (Standard NAV).

"company-contact" = "customer"
"person-contact"
"person-contact"

"person-contact" = "customer"

"person-contact" = "customer"
"person-contact"
"person-contact"
"person-contact"

The simplest way to allow above combinations would be to add an extra field "Act as person: Y/N" on the "company-contact" card. This way the fields "initials", "middle name", etc. are still enabled and editable.

Will this be possible? any hints?

Comments

• mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    edited 2012-09-13
    double post
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    I only made some changes to the caption of some fields and it really looks more logical :?

Type::Company,Type::Person => Relation, Person

Company No. = Relation No.

Company Name = Relation Name.

I intend to use the Business Relations Table for what kind of Contact.