Options

SMART Excel Import Export

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2013-01-30 in Download section
SMART Excel Import Export
SMART Excel Import Export is the tool for importing / exporting data from any NAV table via MS Excel. It can be used in different way: as universal dataport, as possibility to store data outside the NAV, as tool for data migration, etc.

Main features:
- import / export data from any NAV table;
- possibility to choose which fields should be exported; which fields should be validated;
- possibility to specify commit interval (as records quantity) - useful on huge amount of data;
- high import / export speed due to improved excel read / write algorithm
- import doesn't stop on error. the error log will be shown instead;

You can find this and other tools and how-to's here: http://wedonav.com/#/experience/

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1462

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    mihai.valceamihai.valcea Member Posts: 95
    Hello,

It seems that is not able to import checkbox fields (0 or 1) or I do not know how to use it.
    I tried different combinations is not working.

Thanks,
    Mihai
  • Options
    VyacheslavVyacheslav Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

It seems that is not able to import checkbox fields (0 or 1) or I do not know how to use it.
    I tried different combinations is not working.

Thanks,
    Mihai

Hello, Mihai

Please try using "Yes" and "No" values for Boolean fields. And import the file using English language in NAV client.
  • Options
    TeddeBTeddeB Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    This feature seems great. But i'm having some problems with the functionality regarding choosing fields or amount of data to export/import.
    The role i'm using has access to everything but NAV still says that I haven't got access to the fields for defining which fields to export. Is there something that im missing?
    Is there any manual on the function that you can share.

- You do not have permission to run the excel field table.
  • Options
    SolmyrSolmyr Member Posts: 51
    Hi TeddeB,
    most likely that your license doesn't allow you to use objects in range 80000..80005. "Excel Field" table has ID 80003.
    You should renumber the objects in txt file (included in download - SMARTExcelImportExport.txt) to the range which is allowed by your license.
    You can use any of the renumbering tools, for example Fast Renumbering Object and Field Tool or MBS-Navision Compare & Renumbering Tool.
    I've uploaded renumbered objects here (50000..50005), probably this range is allowed by your license.
    Oleg Dovgalenko
  • Options
    niallniall Member Posts: 3
    Hi, does anyone have these objects for 2013/ 2013 R2?
    Thanks,
    Niall