Next/Previous not working

Steve_ContrisSteve_Contris Member Posts: 114
All of a sudden the next and previous menu buttons no longer work when using the Orders form 42. First and last work. Searching works. Also, if you pull up the Orders list, the next and previous work fine there - so not likely a problem with the table keys and changing the sort does not help. I restarted the Nav service - no better after that. There are no filters and the TableView properties of the form look fine. So, no matter what order record I am currently on, previous button does nothing, next button starts a new record. One exception - deleting the current record takes you to the next record. Any ideas?
What would Elvis do?

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    I can recommend turning on the debugger and check what happens when you click these buttons.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    All of a sudden the next and previous menu buttons no longer work when using the Orders form 42.

what is NAV Version ?
    is it not working in both classic or RTC ?
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    Anybody changes the Roles and permissions of particular users
  • sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    jubeljoy
    Anybody changes the Roles and permissions of particular users

are you trying to ask,how to assign roles & permission to particular user ?
    Create role and assign permissions
    open NAV Tools-->Security-->login id-->Roles
    Synchronize login.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • VanDoghVanDogh Member Posts: 8
    You probably have local variables in Form - OnNextRecord. When you delete them it should work just fine.

Regards
    PBA
  • Steve_ContrisSteve_Contris Member Posts: 114
    ufuk wrote:
    I can recommend turning on the debugger and check what happens when you click these buttons.

I have tried debugging and the debugger does not allow access at the point of grabbing the next record even with breakpoints on triggers. The debugger picks up at the point at which it is already on the wrong record or creating a new one depending on whether next or previous is used.
    What would Elvis do?
    VanDogh wrote:
    You probably have local variables in Form - OnNextRecord. When you delete them it should work just fine.

Regards
    PBA

At the point the debugger gets to OnNextRecord it is already on the wrong record. Also, I have tried removing all code and variables there.
    What would Elvis do?
    sudhakarsv wrote:
    All of a sudden the next and previous menu buttons no longer work when using the Orders form 42.

what is NAV Version ?
    is it not working in both classic or RTC ?

Version is 2009. This problem only exists in the classic client.
    What would Elvis do?
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Have you tried this in a standard database?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • asmilie2b3asmilie2b3 Member Posts: 39
    I would be very interested if the solution to this was found. Although the cause my be very different we are just experiencing the same issue on the sales form since recently. Though no change in code has occured, or any setup that should be relevant. There is also no variables or code in the onaftergetrecord trigger.

best
    Bruce Anderson
  • VanDoghVanDogh Member Posts: 8
    At the point the debugger gets to OnNextRecord it is already on the wrong record. Also, I have tried removing all code and variables there.

Try again because thats the reason why it's not working. You can't have any code and any (yours) variables in trigger OnNextRecord because this means that you want to handle OnNextRecord manualy. Also clear code in those triggers if you have two or more empty lines also delete them. Do not delete Steps variable - it is standard variable.

Regards
    PBA
    VanDogh wrote:

Try again because thats the reason why it's not working. You can't have any code and any (yours) variables in trigger OnNextRecord because this means that you want to handle OnNextRecord manualy. Also clear code in those triggers if you have two or more empty lines also delete them. Do not delete Steps variable - it is standard variable.

Regards
    PBA

I have plenty of forms with code in the OnNextRecord that work just fine- that was definitely not the problem. I had removed all that code and the variables anyway.

In the end, it turned out to be a corrupted form. I have NEVER seen this happen in the older version but somehow this form was damaged and there was no indication of anything wrong. Comparing text export to a fresh copy showed nothing wrong but when I replaced the form with the fresh copy the problem went away even after re-applying my customizations.
    What would Elvis do?
  • asmilie2b3asmilie2b3 Member Posts: 39
    This is very strange, but my issue is resolved too (sorry for hacking the thread). I went back to a version of the form before my changes, then put them back in exactly in the same way, and the issue was solved. I had nothing in onaftergetrecord. A form corrupting virus going round? :?: ;)