License for Multinational Implementation

knmknm Member Posts: 170
Hi,

One of our customers, Headquartered in the US, who is using NAV2009R2 NA version, is thinking of implementing NAV for their Canadian subsidiary. And they are thinking of using the same database to implement a company for Canada.

From what I read in the forum, this should indeed be possible, but are there any licensing issue? When I look at NAV license, I see that there is an entry "Country Code: United States". If a Canadian company is going to be setup in the system do they have to purchase something, so that additional Country Code for Canada is written there?

I'm a little bit confused because I though NA (North American) version should cover countries USA, Canada and Mexico, and why the Country Code is specific to United States.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Answers

• sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    This is already discussed on forum, click on below link to read in detail

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54656
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Hi,

Thank you for pointing out the post. But my question was not with regards to development license but with regards to customer who is using NA version trying to implement for both USA and Canada.

Are you saying that I have to prepare different DB for each country.?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    CA and US will run in the same database no problem, since they are the same code base.
    David Singleton
    Hi David,

Thank you for confirming.
    Can I also confirm that they can keep on using the same license (Country Code: United States) for the Canadian Company as well?

Thank you.

knm
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    knm wrote:
    Hi David,

Thank you for confirming.
    Can I also confirm that they can keep on using the same license (Country Code: United States) for the Canadian Company as well?

Thank you.

knm

That is a legal question that I can't answer, but I can give you an example.

Lets say the company have a server based in the US and they have users that log in form Canada via Citrix and log into that company. Then it is possible to do so, but it will depend on the Navision version. Licensing changed just before the introduction of Businesses Ready. at the introduction of version 3.01 up to about 4.03 and there was a granule to allow remote access, and it was quite expensive, about $14,000 I think. To access a database via Citrix you had to purchase that granule, but if you have e newer contract that granule was made redundant. Check that in your current license agreement.
    David Singleton
    Thank you so much for the information!
    This is really helpful.

I'll check the license agreement, like you have mentioned!