Connection problem with Classic Client

Prajeesh_NairPrajeesh_Nair Member Posts: 70
Hi All :) ,

I have a similar problem with the Classic connection with the server(Nav 2009 R2).
I have two Sql 2005 and SQL express 2008 r2 installed in the server.
Both has Demo DB in it.
The sql 2005 was created during the demo installation. After that i have installed Sql 2008 and created a DB in 2008 and restored the Cronus backup.
I am able to connect to both DB's(Sql2005 &2008) from the server(Classic & RTC).
I have created an instance for the sql 2008 in the server.
I am able to connect to the Sql 2005 DB both classic and RTC from a client machine.
I not able to connect to Sql 2008 DB (Server not found). But i am able to connect through RTC using the instance i have created.
I have turned of the Firewall still the issue is existing.
Please let me know a Walk-through the issue i am facing :-k .

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi All :) ,

I have a similar problem with the Classic connection with the server(Nav 2009 R2).
    I have two Sql 2005 and SQL express 2008 r2 installed in the server.
    Both has Demo DB in it.
    The sql 2005 was created during the demo installation. After that i have installed Sql 2008 and created a DB in 2008 and restored the Cronus backup.
    I am able to connect to both DB's(Sql2005 &2008) from the server(Classic & RTC).
    I have created an instance for the sql 2008 in the server.
    I am able to connect to the Sql 2005 DB both classic and RTC from a client machine.
    I not able to connect to Sql 2008 DB (Server not found). But i am able to connect through RTC using the instance i have created.
    I have turned of the Firewall still the issue is existing.
    Please let me know a Walk-through the issue i am facing :-k .

have you check the Net type while opening the Server ?
    Add you SQL Browser service in the firewall, & try.
    Now or Never