Specifying overhead rates

polmannpolmann Member Posts: 18
I have been asked to look into the possibility of specifying the overhead rates. We are running a W1 5.0 SP1 where there is one field on the item card for specifying the overhead rate. This feature has been working smoothly without any problems, but we will have a need in the future for specifying what the overhead rate consists of.

Has anyone made a similar modification before?

Comments

• bcolemanbcoleman Member Posts: 7
    Hello polmann,

If this is an item you manufacture, then you may want to consider using routings. This is how we do it.

-Create a Work Center
    -Set "Unit Cost Calculation" to be Units
    -Set "Specific Unit Cost" to be True
    -Set Flushing Method to be "Backwards"
    -Set all the other relevant Work Center fields including "Gen. Prod. Posting Group"
    -Add the Work Center to the Routing you create for that item and place the overhead cost into "Unit Cost Per"

Once your routing is completed, you can "roll-up" the costs to get your total cost.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    polmann wrote:
    I have been asked to look into the possibility of specifying the overhead rates. We are running a W1 5.0 SP1 where there is one field on the item card for specifying the overhead rate. This feature has been working smoothly without any problems, but we will have a need in the future for specifying what the overhead rate consists of.

Has anyone made a similar modification before?

This is a left over from the very first versions of Navision, and even though it is still used, a better solution is to use Additional Costs at the entry level to get an exact cost break down.
    David Singleton
  • polmannpolmann Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at it.