Future Career Scope in NAV

Nik_BNik_B Member Posts: 5
edited 2012-09-04 in General Chat
Hello all,
I am a NAV Technical Consultant.
I am bit confuse about Future Career Scope with NAV, Is it Advisable to switch to AX?
After working on NAV as Technofuctional, Can I fit into Other Roles like Business Analyst or MIS Executive etc with some other Software or platform?
I would like to get an opinion.

Comments

• Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
    Are'nt there any growth in the NAV sector of your country?
    If AX is far more popular, then that's where the mayority of jobs will be in the future I presume..

But if you're not interested in an easily configurable ERP solution, I guess you should consider AX :)
    Or something totally different that you feel passionate about.
    Best regards / Venlig hilsen
    Johannes Sebastian
    MB7-840,MB7-841
  • Nik_BNik_B Member Posts: 5
    Hi Johannes,

That's not the case that no growth in My country (India) but as far as I am seeing there seems More Demand for AX Consultants than of NAV and there is much hype created for AX also there are not much big companies consulting NAV so that's why i was bit worried about future career scope i NAV.
    Otherwise as far as in my experience NAV development is enjoyable.

Also I would like to know, I am looking for career out of India at least for some time,can you suggest me which of the countries have more scope for nav and How can i approach to global opportunities.
  • Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
    Now you're having Me worried :P

Who uses NAV the most, (in regards to Europe at least)?
    I saw this post the other week http://mibuso.com/blogs/kriki/2012/08/02/nav-techdays-2012-3/

Maybe that'll point you in a direction, to start learning German or Dutch :)

Personally, I believe any ERP consultant or Developer who knows his/her profession and plays well in a team, will have a job.

I guess AX could be considered, the safer choice.
    Maybe someone else could weigh in on the levels of NAV vs. AX usage/propagation?
    Best regards / Venlig hilsen
    Johannes Sebastian
    MB7-840,MB7-841