Location wise filter for the user ids

hungryandfoolhungryandfool Member Posts: 114
Hello Experts,

I have a requirement of location wise filtering at Sales, Purchases and Vouchers against NAV user ids.

I tried to achieve the same by applying "Location Code" filter for Sales Header table and Purchase Header table at the "Security Filter" column in the permissions card for the required role.

But the same is giving me error "You donot have the permission to open Sales Table" etc.
Can someone help me out on how apply Location wise filtering for the USER IDs at the NAV module levels.

Please help. [-o<

Comments

• jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    For doing the same you need to setup Responsibility center against users
  • hungryandfoolhungryandfool Member Posts: 114
    Thanks a lot jubeljoy for replying.
    jubeljoy wrote:
    For doing the same you need to setup Responsibility center against users

But how can I set responsibility centres for the nav user ids and restrict access to the data as per tagged responsiblity centres.
  • jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    You need to create responsibility center for each location and assign this on the User Setup 91 table.
    jubeljoy wrote:
    You need to create responsibility center for each location and assign this on the User Setup 91 table.

jubeljoy

Responsibility center is allowing me to provide some form of link, but I am unable to provide restrictive access on the basis of responsiblity centre & User ID combination to sales, purchases etc.
    Dear Experts,

Please suggest me some solution. I really need it. [-o<
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Why don't you use responsibility centers? I didn't understand what you meant by it doesn't provide restrictive access.
    Assuming rc is not what you require, you can do this with security filters but keep in mind that it's somehow problematic. First of all, you have to ensure that the last record that was displayed by the user should be in the range of security filters. So say them to display a record that they have permission and then apply the security filter, otherwise you'll receive the error message as you indicated in your post.
    Other solution is customization.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Responsibility center is allowing me to provide some form of link, but I am unable to provide restrictive access on the basis of responsiblity centre & User ID combination to sales, purchases etc.

What do you mean by restrictive access ?
    Now or Never
    Thanks a lot Ufuk and navuser1 for your reply.

I am really sorry for replying so late, but due to some reasons I was not having connectivity. Please bear with me. :oops:
    ufuk wrote:
    Why don't you use responsibility centers? I didn't understand what you meant by it doesn't provide restrictive access.
    Assuming rc is not what you require, you can do this with security filters but keep in mind that it's somehow problematic. First of all, you have to ensure that the last record that was displayed by the user should be in the range of security filters. So say them to display a record that they have permission and then apply the security filter, otherwise you'll receive the error message as you indicated in your post.
    Other solution is customization.

Though I tried with the with the security permission after displaying a record for which they have permission with, but received the same error.

navuser1 wrote:

What do you mean by restrictive access ?

By restrictive access I mean that If the user is not having permission for a particular location then he/she should not be allowed to create a transaction for that location in any situation. But in case of Responsibility Centre the system is prompting me that the responsibility centre is not assigned for the user, but its allowing me to create the transaction.
    Dear Experts,

If possible please help.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063