PO line completely received but remains partially invoiced

iteasiteas Member Posts: 13
Hi,

My customer has a PO line with quantity = 30, received quantity = 30, invoiced quantity = 15. The problem is that the invoice of the remaining 15 items is posted manually to a G/L account.

What is the easiest way to correct this situation? I would suggest to invoice the remaining 15 items from the PO, and to credit the G/L lines of the wrongly posted invoice.

One last step would be to do a negative correction of the quantity in stock of the item because the 15 missing items were already corrected when counting inventory.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this? There are a lot of similar mistakes in the database...

Regards,

Jan

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    The most logical thing to do is posting a Credit Memo for the G/L Accounts and then invoicing the items taken from the receipts: this is necessary to have the correct costs on the items.

You can also try an invoice with the items taken from the receipts and also adding the G/L Accounts with negative amounts. I am not sure if this works, but it should because it is 0 amount invoice.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kriki wrote:
    You can also try an invoice with the items taken from the receipts and also adding the G/L Accounts with negative amounts. I am not sure if this works, but it should because it is 0 amount invoice.

:thumbsup:

This is the method I normally use to fix these things up as it fixes everything in one transaction, it keeps costing in sync, and is the easiest to audit later.
    David Singleton