Problem with Locations setup : Bin Mandatory

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
Hi everyone,

I created a location (Test), in which I created a bin (TestB) to store the defective items (whenever an item is returned by a customer, it has to be stored in bin TestB).

I didn't put the field Bin Mandatory to yes, since the location Test doesn't only contain defective items but also other items.

The problem is when I try to generate a Credit Memo with Test as Location Code and TestB as Bin Code in a Credit Memo line, I get the following error message:
Bin Mandatory must not be No in Location Code='Test'

What shall I do???

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    If you want to use BinCode in Orders then Bin Mandatory must be true..
  • poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    but that would mean that I have to specify the Bin Code each time I have a transaction involving an item...and my Location contains other items than the defective ones, I can't put them all in the Bin for defective items...
    Besides, I don't need the Bin Code in orders, just for Credit Memos to place the defective items in the Bin...
    I've tried one thing but I don't know if it's correct or not...
    I added another Bin (Others) in which I store the non-defective articles(this Bin does not really exist)...and put the Bin Mandatory field to yes....
    This way, I can switch between the two Bins according to the transaction I need to perform...
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You have arrived at the appropriate solution.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.