Item Category Code

kwajahathydrokwajahathydro Member Posts: 88
Hi All,

Need some urgent help!

We are using Navision 2009 SG Version (SP1) and under item category table (5722), when I design, I can see the Code is of 10 Characters, but we have some codes that are more than 10 characters, so I have changed it to 20 Characters on this table.

But the question is, this item category code appears in which other tables in Navision, I have no idea, can someone tell me which will be the other tables to change so that my posting can go smoothly without any errors.

I need to know the item category code appears in which other tables so that i can go and expand the length from 10 to 20 characters, pls help me, its very urgent for me as my import is stuck due to this issue.

Regards
KH

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    One method is to use Developer's Toolkit for Dynamics NAV to find all the places where this code is mentioned and then go and change.
    Personally, I recommend not to change this length. If you really need larger code, use an additional field in item category code.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."