Date Format in NAV as DD-MMM-YY

FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
A customer in Singapore would like to use DD-MMM-YY as the default date format in NAV (24-Aug-12). Well in fact they require it on prints but if it is the default that would be fine with them.
The Windows Regional setting for Singapore is d/M/yyyy (24/8/2012). So I changed the regional setting to the required one and expected NAV to pick it up but it does not.

Current Regional Setting Windows 7:
English (Singapore)
Short Date "dd-MMM-yy" (Windows displays it correct as 24-Aug-12)

NAV 2009 R2 Classic Build 33639 (that is more or less the latest one)
On Screen display: 23-04-12
On Prints: 23-04-12

It seems NAV is not picking up the correct regional setting but modifies it in some way. Of course I could use Standard Format 7 or use my own formatting function but then I have to change every single field in NAV (at least on the prints).
Is there a way to persuade NAV to pick up the format or do I have to persuade my customer not to do this (shouldn't be too hard if I tell them that for every single field I need 10 minutes :mrgreen: )?
Would this work in RTC?
Frank Dickschat
FD Consulting

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I have seen this happen before, it seems that even though Navision picks up the region setting, it doesn't always interpret it correctly. Not only date, currency also, for example in India it displays the commas wrong and wont correctly show crore and lakh.

I don't think there is anything you can do.
    David Singleton