Missing object error during fbk restore on SQL Server

plc5700plc5700 Member Posts: 10
Hi

I have a database in which I'm trying to restore an extra company.
I'm restoring af fbk backup holding only one company. Objects are Identical in the source of the fbk and in the destination db.

After running for the entire import, and restoring all data, NAV starts creating keys, and at some point this error comes up:
The Following SQL Server error(s) occurred while accessing the CAT Posting Setup table:

4902,"42S02", [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "xxxxxx.dbo.xxxxxxx$VAT Posting Setup" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

SQL:
ALTER TABLE "xxxxxx"."dbo"."xxxxxxx$VAT Posting Setup$0" PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ("VAT Bus_ Posting Group","VAT Prod_ Posting Group")

the x's are of course refering to the database resotring into and the company name of the company being restored.

Nav client version: 5.01 build 26084 running with 4.03 objects

I have tried multiple times - but keeps getting this exact error on this excapt table.

Any thoughts??????
Best Regards

Poul Lindholm Christiansen
plc@cmcs.dk / +45 4050 9306

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    What has helped me in the past with errors like that is creating the database first, then importing only the objects, and then doing the restore for the data, all in separate steps. You may not know that you can actually import objects from an FBK file. From the object designer go to File, Import and browse to the FBK (set file type to all), it works the same, it recognizes the objects form the backup file.
  • plc5700plc5700 Member Posts: 10
    Hi

The objects are already In the destination dB as i am trying to import an extra company.

There are 3 companies in the destination dB already, and i am trying to add company no. 4.
    Best Regards

Poul Lindholm Christiansen
    plc@cmcs.dk / +45 4050 9306