NAS and Recordlocking

mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
I would like to know how the NAS deals with recordlocking. Does it skip a record if it is locked?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi Mohana
    Imo it NAS behaves like a normal classic client, just without GUI. Hope this helps.
    Thomas
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Yep same as a regular classic client. I'm sure we can help more if you are more specific in describing your problem to us.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Thank you.

When the record is already locked by other user and NAS try to modify the same record then will it skip the record or stop the process by throwing error ?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Thank you.

When the record is already locked by other user and NAS try to modify the same record then will it skip the record or stop the process by throwing error ?

What code have you written? What are you trying to do?
    David Singleton
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I think NAV help to function LOCKTABLE could be helpful.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Whether something is locked does not make it skip anything, there's probably an issue with your code. You have to explain what your problem is. Tell us what you are seeing. Then tell us what you were expecting to see. Explain the difference and why you think the difference is there.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    DenSter wrote:
    Whether something is locked does not make it skip anything...
    That's correct. It will either wait until it's unlocked or throw an error message.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."