Crystal Reports connection missing table fields

benwsearbenwsear Member Posts: 2
Hello all. I'm new to Crystal XI and Nav and am trying to connect to a dataset to run some reports from it. The problem is I can connect to the tables but some fields are not present in my Crystal Field Explorer.

The connection I am using is called 'OLE DB ADO - Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server' and is connecting to a Microsoft Dynamics NAV system.

The fields that are missing are classed as decimal data type in NAV. However, some other decimal types are appearing as numbers etc. For instance, in our Cust_Ledg table we have a decimal type field called Original Amount. Crystal simply will not show this field even though it shows about 80% of the table fields.

Is this a problem with Crystal XI not being able to see decimal field types? Or is it something else?

I can't really change the field types in NAV to number (or something like that) as it is a huge system and I am only tasked with reporting from it.

Has anyone got any ideas about how to see the missing fields in Crystal? Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I'm using Crystal 11 v 11.0.0.1282 and my connection is direct to the data source using the above SQL provider. I've downloaded a trial version of Crystal 2011 (as I thought XI was out of date with SQL fields), but still get no joy.

Many thanks for any help in advance. Ben.