Options

Manufacturing Output Problem

jimmyfjimmyf Member Posts: 103
edited 2012-08-16 in Navision Financials
I have an Item with a Base Unit of Measure of PIECE and a Sales Unit of Measure of CRATE. There are 10 PIECES in a CRATE and the Item Units of Measure have been created accordingly.

I want to essentially make an item and place it in stock in a different Unit of Measure to Base.

I create a Sales order for 1 CRATE which works fine, the Qty Base is calculated as 10 which is correct.

I now create a Firm Planned Item production order from the Sales Order however I noticed that on the Production Order Line the Unit of Measure is PIECE and the Quantity 10 which is in Base as oposed to the UOM and Qty from the Sales Line.
I leave that as it is and generate a Production Journal.
For the Output Entry types I change the Unit of Measure to CRATE and the Output quantity to 1 to try and output the Items in the same unit of measure and quantity from the sales line however when the journal is posted the Item Ledger Entry correctly displays the Unit of Measure as CRATE but the quantity is set to 10 which is the base qty.

Is this behaviour correct or is there something I am doing wrong with the process?

Comments

• Options
    arindomarindom Member Posts: 52
    Hi

this is right .system allways create item ledger entry in base unit of measure. So this entry is right .