NAS service started, casuing notifications to fail

malcornmalcorn Member Posts: 5
Scenario #1 (Success) If the NAS services is "stopped", I can manually "process" a notification for a Sales Order Confirmation Email. I do this via the RTC on a Terminal Server. The notification email is delivered successfully, and my userid (mike) is used to process the notification (w/ ROLE set to SUPER). It should also be noted that the Sales Order Confirmation attached a PDF document (i.e. the Sales Order). The attachment was generated via a pdf printer --> BroadGun pdfMachine.

Scenario #2 (Fails) when I start the NAS service (on our NAS server) to enable the job queue to automatically process notifications every 15 minutes, the job queue executes, but the notifications fail. The error message is "BroadGun pdfMachine must be installed on this machine". The local userid used to process the notifications is nasuser (w/ ROLE set to SUPER).

Scenario #3(Fails) with the NAS services still enabled (aka started), I tried to repeat Scenario #1 (i.e. to process the notification manually), but it too fails with the same message "BroadGun pdfMachine must be installed on this machine". This is running under my userid (mike), the same as in Scenario #1. As you may recall, Scenario #1 completed successfully without the NAS service started.

It should be noted that the BroadGun pdfMachine's device driver is installed on the Terminal Server, as Scenario #1 proves. The device’s security setup grants "everyone" print permission. In addition, my USERID is also a domain admin. We repeated Scenario #2, after making nasuser a domain admin as well, this too failed.

Any suggestions or comments are most welcome ...

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    malcorn wrote:
    It should be noted that the BroadGun pdfMachine's device driver is installed on the Terminal Server, as Scenario #1 proves.
    I'm not sure if I understand your situation in a whole, but I think BroadGun pdfMachine has to be installed on your NAS Server because this is where the process starts.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • malcornmalcorn Member Posts: 5
    We were told by our consultants that BroadGun was only required on the NAV middle tier and Terminal Servers. But, based on our tests, it is also required on the NAS server. There were two additional issues: [1] we used the notification export/import function to add notifications to our Pilot company, this action requires that the BroadGun setup within the Pilot to be reapplied, and (2) you need to ensure that NASUSER has write priveleges to the archive folder on the NAS server which is used by BroadGun to generate the PDF for notification attachment.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    malcorn wrote:
    We were told by our consultants that BroadGun was only required on the NAV middle tier and Terminal Servers. But, based on our tests, it is also required on the NAS server.
    That's correct if it is just used by the users. I'm not sure how NAS looks like in the most recent version of NAV but in former times it was just a classic client w/o GUI. That means no middle tier and normally no terminal server.
    malcorn wrote:
    There were two additional issues: [1] we used the notification export/import function to add notifications to our Pilot company, this action requires that the BroadGun setup within the Pilot to be reapplied
    I don't know what that means.
    malcorn wrote:
    and (2) you need to ensure that NASUSER has write priveleges to the archive folder on the NAS server which is used by BroadGun to generate the PDF for notification attachment.
    That's obvious.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."