error message display in order form

ahmedbaahmedba Member Posts: 424
I have problem when i assign security filter to read specified item it work on level of item form
but when i open purchase order it give error you don't have permission to read item table .
why this error give.
i make security filter as following
ALL
test
ALL (have all tables on by one and have all permission to read write modify delete)
data table number read modify delete
table 0 read modify delete
form 0 read modify delete
report 0 read modify delete
test(have item table only as following)
data table 27 item read modify delete item category code = sp

Comments

• arindomarindom Member Posts: 52
    Dear

you need to assign 'Execute Permission" for item table.
  • ahmedbaahmedba Member Posts: 424
    I already assign execution to yes
    Please give this user super permission than check . If its work than please send the details role you assign.

Regards
    Arindom
    yes it work with supper permission the detail permission i using is
    test ca :
    Table Data 27 Item Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Item: Item Category Code=ICE
    ALL :
    Table 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Form 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Report 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Dataport 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Codeunit 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    XMLport 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    MenuSuite 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Page 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    AND All data table from 3 until 99999 on by one without data table item because i put in another role separate
    Can u share screen shote of error
    Pictures screen shot related to proplem exist in this link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?50fhoay1332a26n
    please help me
    thanks
    are any one have solving to this proplem
    Dear

Please remove security filter from item table permission.
    If i remove it how i make permission to data to see specified filter or item
    please help me
    Hi guys no any one have solve to this problem to mention problem again i want to make security filter to item table data i already make to data table item and it show to me item i specified in security filter form without any error this display only no error in item form but when i open purchase order it display error message "you don't have permission to read item table" why
  • william_marcelinuswilliam_marcelinus Member Posts: 34
    Hi,
    Open table 2000000005 and find table we want to grant access, make sure user type has been granted before read/write table
    It already has granted read write delete modify execute to item data table permissiion
    Are any one have solving to proplem
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Because the system tries to show the last record displayed by the user and probably this record has items outside the security filter, this error occurs. If you had applied security filters before creation of the orders this problem wouldn't occur.

You can try following steps to resolve this issue:

First, remove the security filter.
    Then make sure that the order the user has last displayed does not include items outside the security filter.
    Finally apply the security filter.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    good i think you solve the proplem please can you clear this again or can you send to me screen shoot if possible
    please help me.
    i don't understand this point Then make sure that the order the user has last displayed does not include items outside the security filter.
    please help me
    When SaveValues property of a form is set to True, system remembers the last record displayed and opens it on new login. I will tell this with an example.

Let's think there are 2 orders. Order 1000 and 1001.
    Order 1000 has 1 line and the item no is 200 and it's category code is AB
    Order 1001 has 1 line and the item no is 300 and it's category code is DE
    Your security filter is Item Category Code=DE

If the latest record displayed by user is 1000 then system will try to open order 1000 which has an unavailable item. This will cause a permission error.
    If the latest record displayed by user is 1001 then system will try to open order 1001 which has an available item. So the user can open the card and can navigate between the records he has permissions.

Hope this clarifies.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    Now I create two users
    A
    B
    AND have 5 items category Sp,WA,DE,Sm,lm
    now i need A see item Sp,DE
    AND i need B see item WA,Sp
    which permission i can make to two users to see specified item category in sales order?
    I found solution but i don't know how to implement it . i found i need to add new role have indirect access to item table but i don't know how can any one help me
    thanks
    You have to create one role per your security filter; in your case you have to create 3 distinct roles. (Sp, DE, WA) Give ReadPermission and assign Security Filter to each. Finally, give this role to the user. That's all.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    I make three roles but i want to know are i make security filter per item table only or for purchase line table
    Item and why don't you try? It will help you learning faster.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    OK there are one point that i need to indirect access to item table i try more time but not success i make this because when i reach until last record if this last record not match security filter to user that he will login it give error"you don't have permission to read item table"
    so that solve the problem is to access the item table with indirect access .
    but i don't know what meaning indirect access and how i can make
    this solution found in this link point number 3
    http://www.navision-girl.com/2007/02/se ... urity.html
    please help me in this point
    thanks
    ahmedba,

I recommend you to read documentation and if you require, search this subjects in this forum or other net resources. (These questions are asked and replied many times.)
    Indirect Access means accessing an object by an another object. In your case you access Item table by Sales Line table so Indirect Access is sufficient. But I assume you already give permission to the Item table so this shouldn't be the case.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • masadehjomasadehjo Member Posts: 1
    Hi Ahmad,

you can do that only if your security filter field is one of primary or secondary key for table you use.