NAV 2013 id error

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
Hey all,

I have been playing around with NAV 2013, and I accidently renamed the ID for Customer card to 50000. Now when I try to change it back to 21. It gives me the following error message. "You do not have premissions to create the 'Customer Card' Page.

Any ideas how I can bypass this message and set it back to ID 21.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Your admin removed that permission probably.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If page 21 doesn't exists anymore in your db, import page 21 from a standard Cronus db through a fob-file.Then export page 50000 to a txt-file and change the objectid in the file to 21 using notepad. Now import the txt-file object in your db and compile page 21.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    If page 21 doesn't exists anymore in your db, import page 21 from a standard Cronus db through a fob-file.Then export page 50000 to a txt-file and change the objectid in the file to 21 using notepad. Now import the txt-file object in your db and compile page 21.

I am just playing around with the Cronus db in NAV 2013 and get familiar with some of its new features. The chronus database is where i changed the id.

I exported the 50000 id (customer card) to text file and edited it to page 21 and tried importing it. Its giving me the following error message: You do not have permission to create the 'Customer Card' Page.

I created this database few days ago to play around with, I didn't set any admin permissions. How can i create a super user so it will let me import customer card page again...
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can't import page 21 in txt-format if it does not exists yet. Download the db from Partnersource again and export page 21 from that db in fob-format. That file can be imported in your db to create page 21 again. And then you can import the txt-file object.

But I'm repeating myself...
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Oh he renumbered objects not a customer :). You should make a copy of it in 50K range. reimport the object from a fbk.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n