Reports - Changing Caption

ABeckerABecker Member Posts: 12
I do not have a developers lIcense so I cannot make any changes to the Sales Invoice Table. I would like to add a couple Text fields to the Sales Header Table that will flow thru to the invoices. Since my hands are tied re: Sales Invoice Header this is what I would like to do.

Take two text fields that are already set up in NAV that we have never used. One is "Sell-to customer Name 2" and the other is a 50000 field that was added for some reason but never used. I checked the tables to make sure there were only blanks in these fields, and there were.

So I want to change the "Caption" on both of these fields and start putting in some text. I can then create some reports that will use the newly named fields.

Are there any forseeable problems with this solution?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ABecker wrote:
    I do not have a developers lIcense so I cannot make any changes to the Sales Invoice Table. I would like to add a couple Text fields to the Sales Header Table that will flow thru to the invoices. Since my hands are tied re: Sales Invoice Header this is what I would like to do.

Take two text fields that are already set up in NAV that we have never used. One is "Sell-to customer Name 2" and the other is a 50000 field that was added for some reason but never used. I checked the tables to make sure there were only blanks in these fields, and there were.

So I want to change the "Caption" on both of these fields and start putting in some text. I can then create some reports that will use the newly named fields.

Are there any forseeable problems with this solution?

With the 50,000 field you might be safe, only the partner will know. Maybe there is code like

if Field50000 <> '' THEN
    Do something really crazy;

As to the name 2, then you can not use that, it populates in address arrays and will affect all printed sales documents.

are you saying you don't have table designer? Its unclear if you can't create ANY fields in ANY tables, or if the issue is only Posted Sales Invoice Header, and a standard Table Designer allows you to create fields in both.

Anyway for something this simple, just call your partner, it will take them minutes to create this*.

<EDIT> Unless you have LS Retail and eShip in which case the dreaded 4,000 error may haunt you.
    David Singleton
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Also, I guess this data you want to Transfer from Sales Header to Sales Invoice Header can't be entered in the order comments?

Or if they are in the order comments then you don't know how to show the info on a report?