From table 17 to Gen. Journal Line

gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
Hi there,
My client, has two different databases in different servers, he wants to get the G/L Entry (and also de dimension related) of one database and send it to the other one, each day.

My teamleader has said me: "You will have to export from the table 17 using a xmlport and import it in the gen. journal line with another xmlport" :shock: :shock: . I think to myself that is almost impossible [-X.

How do you see it??? Do you have any recommendation??

Thanks.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    edited 2012-08-09
    Hi,

Best listen to your team lead, without knowing the exact requirement details I think he does have the right approach.
    How else would you do it?

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    My recommendation would be to export the data from table 17 using an XMLPort or some other method and then import it into Gen Journal Lines use for example another XMLport. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Check Intercompany and Migration functionality.
    In your case IC may suit your requirement. Migration will give you an insight for an integration project and also can help you when customizing standart IC functionality or a from scratch integration module.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    gonzy1981 wrote:
    My teamleader has said me: "You will have to export from the table 17 using a xmlport and import it in the gen. journal line with another xmlport" :shock: :shock: . I think to myself that is almost impossible [-X.
    On the contrary, that is very possible, in fact it's exactly how I would do that, and it is in fact not difficult at all. Check out this video for some pointers on how to use XMLPorts to import a flat file.
  • gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    Thank you guys!!
    I'm going to study whole these different options!!!