Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
edited 2012-10-02 in NAV TechDays 2012 Sessions
Session title: Web client & NAV portal framework
Date: Friday, 28 september 2012
Time: 09:00 - 10:30
Level: 200 - Intermediate
Speakers: Kim Carrock Kobberø, Flemming Pedersen, Lukasz Zoglowek

Session description:
With the release of Dynamics NAV 2013, your applications get web enabled. By installation of either the web client or the portal framework for SharePoint, your applications will run in an internet browser.

This session will cover topics like:
  • Installation and configuration
  • Security considerations
  • Recap of most important facts to know about our web clients, including limitations
  • Open for Q & A

Use this thread to post your questions, comments or things you would like to see in this session at the conference.
No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)

Comments

• bastirbastir Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I'm wondering how the concurrent licenses are consumed by the web or portal Client and after how much time the session is released for new usage.

I've opened a page via webclient and the session was created.
    I closed the page asap and the session was still "active" in the windows client session page.
    After a while (I didn't Count the seconds) the session was gone.

Is there a defined timeout?

Thanks in advance and for the well organized days in Antwerp.

Sebastian
  • Lukasz_ZoglowekLukasz_Zoglowek Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 1
    Hi
    The default timeout for a session is 20 minutes if you have your browser opened. If you close the browser the session will timeout sooner after approximately 2 min (since there is no keep-alive calls from the browser). The default session timeout is configurable through web.config see msdn documentation for details:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 2(v=nav.70).aspx