The <Computer Name> Cannot be found connecting to SQL

paddypowerpaddypower Member Posts: 98
Hi,

Details:
NAV 2009 SP1
SQL Server 2008
Classic Client

I have just moved NAV to another server and installed it without any issues, also installed SQL. This is all working fine on the SQL server I can connect to NAV without any issues. I then installed the classic client on a Terminal Server client and trying to connect and get the following error:

The <Computer Name> Cannot be found

I though it might be security issue so I even setup a Database login. This still does not work. I also tried restarting all the servers with no joy. I have installed NAV many times and never had this issue?

Thanks for you help

PP

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Have you checked the event log?
    Is database and client on the same machine?
    Can you ping to the database server?
    Have you tried using ip instead of server name?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

You also might want to see if your SQL Browser service is running. The next thing I would check to see if remote connections are allowed on the SQL Server instance.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    KYDutchie wrote:
    You also might want to see if your SQL Browser service is running.
    I'm not a sql expert but as far as I know this service is only required in case of a named instance or changed port number.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • KishraguKishragu Member Posts: 45
    From NAV Classic Client, when you are going File->Database->Open, in the advance tab check what is the net type you have specified. Try setting it to "Default" and open the database.