FA Residual Value

anphilipanphilip Member Posts: 86
Hi Guys,

Picture 1 - Refer highligthed in red box (this is the result that I wanted to be)

Picture 2 - Is mine own simulation base on picture 1 scenario but unfortunelly I was being hit by error message as per below:-

1. Amount must be negative in Gen. Journal Line Journal Template Name='',Journal Batch Name='',Line No.='0'.

2. Acquisition Cost must not be negative on 03/08/12 for Fixed Asset No. = FA000350 in Depreciation Book Code = COMPANY.

Does anyone know how the entries is look like. Please advise. ](*,)

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi anphilip,

I'm afraid what you want to do is not possible in a purchase invoice.

Salvage value: can only be posted in a FA journal - NOT a FA G/L journal, AFAICR.

The way to do what you want would be to acquire the asset at remaining value (FA posting type: acquisition cost), and post the salvage value afterwards in a FA journal (with the same document no. and date, if you like).

with best regards

Jens
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    delete the second line, and put the salvage value to the first line
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    dans wrote:
    delete the second line, and put the salvage value to the first line

Yeah that works, too :D

Thanks!

Jens
  • anphilipanphilip Member Posts: 86
    jglathe wrote:
    Hi anphilip,

I'm afraid what you want to do is not possible in a purchase invoice.

Salvage value: can only be posted in a FA journal - NOT a FA G/L journal, AFAICR.

The way to do what you want would be to acquire the asset at remaining value (FA posting type: acquisition cost), and post the salvage value afterwards in a FA journal (with the same document no. and date, if you like).

with best regards

Jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your help but I still face an error. I manage to enter the Salvage value thru FA journal and posted sucessfully but when I view back at my FA Card the salvage entries doesn't reflect in my FA card. (refer FACard.jpg)

When I view from Financial Management > Fixed Assets > History > FA Register the entries is save here but just doesn't reflect in my FA Card. (refer Salvage1.jpg)
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    anphilip,

when you drill down from the Book Value, you won't be able to see the salvage value.
    there is a field called Salvage Salue on the FA depreciation book. you could see the salvage value on that field.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is