Service Tax expense account in service tax group setup

sandipsandip Member Posts: 58
Hi all experts,

I have query related to Service Tax expense account in the service tax group setup.

I have setup the service tax expense account in the service tax group for GTA service tax purpose.

when i tried both inward GTA and outward GTA entries for the same, it is not posting any entry to the Service tax expense account.

It is always posting to the service tax receivable interim account.

Is there is any setup is there in the service tax setup due to which it will post the entry to service tax expense account or at the time of transaction we have to select any field due to which it will post the entry to service tax expense account.

Thanks in advance

Sandeep Deshpande

Comments

• udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    When you do payment of service Tax to government on behalf of this GTA vendor,

1) if "GTA Service Type" is inward GTA, you will able to avail Credit for it, so amount equal to your liability of payment will be transferred to "Service Tax Receivable account".
    2) if "GTA Service Type" is Outward GTA, you will not able to avail Credit for it, so amount equal to your liability of payment will be transferred to "Service Tax Expense Account".
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • sandipsandip Member Posts: 58
    Thanks for the solution

Sandeep Deshpande