Printing multiple instances of the same report

danielbouwmeesterdanielbouwmeester Member Posts: 22
I have a simple 'price list' report which I print for every customer nr. once into a PDF file. This process is repeated by hand for about 15 customers. So everytime the report is run, the right customer number is entered as a filter and the report is printed to the standard printer: in this case a PDF printer.

Is it possible to automate this process? For example, to enter a list of customer numbers (each week the same list) and to create a sort of print queu for my PDF printer, based on these customer numbers? Thanks in advance!
"Make it idiot-proof and someone will invent a better idiot..."

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

Yes, this is possible and it is surprisingly easy. The easiest way is to either do it from a form or another report.
    It is even possible to do it within the same report, but that is really hard to do.
    The easiest method is to create another report with the Customer table as the primary dataitem.
    Then the users can apply their filters on that dataitem. In the OnAfterGetRecord trigger you set your filter to your report and call it.
    Just make sure you call your pricelist report without the requestpage.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.