Subforms and parameters passing issue

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
Hi everyone,

I have got the following problems: I have two main forms(with a subform control each).
I need to do the following: when I do a lookup in the subform 1(from the main form 1) I display main form 2....There is a parameter being calculated in subform 2 and displayed in main form 2...this parameter needs parameters form subform 1...

How can I transfer the parameters between the two subforms and get the result displayed whenever I do a lookup????

I hope I explained it clearly :oops: :oops:

Comments

• pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    I'm quite sure you will get a lot of suggestions to re-design the solution, but almost everything is possible in Classic NAV 8)

Have you considered using a Single Instance codeunit as a placeholder for the parameters and the OnTimer trigger on form 2 to fetch them?
    Regards
    Peter
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    pdj wrote:
    I'm quite sure you will get a lot of suggestions to re-design the solution, but almost everything is possible in Classic NAV 8)

Have you considered using a Single Instance codeunit as a placeholder for the parameters and the OnTimer trigger on form 2 to fetch them?

In fact, I am facing this problem because I have already redisigned two matix forms(each one is consisting now on a main form and a tabular subform) and one of them calls the other ](*,)

Now I can transform my two forms into pages but I can't make them communicate correctly :cry:
  • poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    In fact, I need to pass data from subform 1 to main form 2 and then from main from 2 to subform 2....

Is that possible???? :-?