NAV 4.0 sp2 User rights

riyaz_24riyaz_24 Member Posts: 43
Dear All,

I have a issue on MS Navision 4.0 sp2 native client.When i try to create another user similar to the ADMIN user i copy the same permissions and past on the new user created.But the when i log in using that new log in the assigned admin permission it does not take affect.

Why does this happen ?

Best Regards,

Riz

Comments

• dansdans Member Posts: 148
    did you synchronize the login ?
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • riyaz_24riyaz_24 Member Posts: 43
    hi,

In the NAVISION 4.0 sp2 Native version there is no option to synchronize the log in's

Please advice

Regards,
    Riz
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Are you on Native DB or SQL?

What error do you get?

Advice in any case: Do a technical upgrade. 4.0SP2 is OLD an not supported anymore.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hi,

AM on NATIVE DB.

The new log in i created does not allow to reverse a transactions.I have given user permission same as the ADMIN user.

Regards,
    Riz
  • fifafifa Member Posts: 2
    What error message do you receive ?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    riyaz_24 wrote:
    Dear All,

I have a issue on MS Navision 4.0 sp2 native client.When i try to create another user similar to the ADMIN user i copy the same permissions and past on the new user created.But the when i log in using that new log in the assigned admin permission it does not take affect.

Why does this happen ?

Best Regards,

Riz

If you did everything you're supposed to, it will work. My guess is that there are custom functions to check permissions that you need to setup somewhere else in the system.

Post a picture of the error.
    Hi All,

I tried the copy rights and paste.But the assigned admin rights does not take affect.Since the NAV 4.0 sp2 Native database does not have the synchronization feature.

Please help

Regards,
    Riz
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That looks like an ERROR(.....);

Probably you are missing some other setup somewhere. Check with the debugger where the ERROR is and why it triggers. You'll know which setup is missing.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!