G/L - Sales order - Marketing fee

Tintin25Tintin25 Member Posts: 14
Hi all

My issue is a customer sells a product where a marketing fee is involved. The customer is invoiced for the item and for the marketing fee and should be posted on 2 different G/L accounts.

Working/testing the following scenarios:
1. Looking into the BOM functionality and testing this where the BOM item has 2 items - 1 item and 1 marketing fee (item) can't seem to get the prober result. The 2 items have different product posting groups but when posting the sales order the G/L post are following the BOM item product posting group.

2. Looking into Charge (item) is a good solution regarding posting on 2 different G/L accounts but this is manual process and you should remember to add this to the item when you sell this.

3. Solution now is just to add a G/L account in sales order with the marketing fee.

Do you have any (standard) solutions for this issue or any link in mibuso or others that solve this? The Charge (item) approach might also be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Steffen

NAV version: 4.0 SP3 (4.0 SP3)

Answers

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    The item charge seems the most appropriate way to add the fee to the value of the item. (That is, if the fee may be calculated with the items cost)
    If it is not, a resource or GL account is the way to go.
    However, if it is required that when an Item is ordered, that the marketing fee is added. Then I'd suggest to contact your partner to develop this custom function for you.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Whether your localization contains Structure then use Charges to post these fees.

In Indian localization we have this functionality.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Item Charge is a manual process yes, but you can always add a button to automatically add the item charge lines and apply it to the line items.

If you have the Kitting functionality, it would be much easier.
  • Tintin25Tintin25 Member Posts: 14
    Hi all

Thanks for the replies - I thinking i'm going the charge item way but will make sure with our partner.

Steffen