Connect to Navision using static IP

chamara_wijekoonchamara_wijekoon Member Posts: 8
Hi all,

One of my client to access Navision from out side of the office net work. He needs to access Nav @ home. without using VPN also. I heard that using Static IP we can do this thing. i searched about this but couldn't find a solution.

do any one know how to do this network thing... ??

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I suggest against it. Accessing nav directly over internet is too slow. Ask them to remote using rdp and then run NAV.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • chamara_wijekoonchamara_wijekoon Member Posts: 8
    using remote desktop is to their server right. then from there they have to open the NAV..?? its not they need.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Ask your infrastructure suplier how to connect from their home to a server or PC at the office.
  • chamara_wijekoonchamara_wijekoon Member Posts: 8
    Issue solved using static ip and enabling sql ports i connected to navision in remotely..
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    Issue solved using static ip and enabling sql ports i connected to navision in remotely..
    Dear Chamara

Considering the line speeds available in that part of the world, a mere connection to the server from the client will not give any real benefits. Specially, if you are with classic client and try to enter transactions or run reports, you will have issues.

Convince them to use RDP / Terminal Services which is a better way to use NAV remotely.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."