Changing Unit Cost on Purchase Line

skalpskalp Member Posts: 23
Hi everyone,

We have complains from one of our customer, that whenever they change Vendor, or Currency in the Purchase Order header, or when they change Location Code in the lines, NAV automatically recalculates Unit Cost, Description, Unit of Measure and so on.

They want to avoid this, but i'm afraid that removing these controls/validations we will compromise correct working of NAV.

I know that this is strange to ask, but can anyone give us satisfactory explanation, suggestions,why NAV does this changes?

thank you all

Comments

• samdriscollsamdriscoll Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

This problem occurs in the following products:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service Pack 1

I am surprised to see the same problem by another customer now, actually I have faced one more customer few days before. For the best solution I refer you to see Microsoft Support for the same. This solution applies to Microsoft Dynamics NAV for all countries and all language locales.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

Nav does these things for a couple of reasons, but the most important one is Tax/VAT.
    For example, a location could be in a different state, county, city or country. Here in the in the United States each of these localities could have their own tax rates, the same goes for your Vendor. It will try and find the new cost and price for these changes from the Item Vendor relationship and thus will recalculate cost and price. When you change the Currency code on the Purchase Header, NAV has to recalculate all amounts on the Purchase order to adjust the local amounts stored on the records.

Does this help?

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.