ADCS stalls occassionally

CF_ChrisCF_Chris Member Posts: 3
I hope that someone here can offer some advice on an ADCS issue one of our customers is having. They're running NAV 5.0 SP1 on SQL 2005 SP3, the ADCS NAS on one server, SQL server another, both are located at a hosting company.

A few month ago they started seeing a situation where all of their handheld scanners (connected via TCP) would all pause simultaneously for 10 or 15 seconds, sometimes longer on the really bad days, and then kick back in all at the same time. We've been able to duplicate the issue ourselves. 1 user logged into ADCS, everything is OK, add a 2nd user and the problem starts to present itself. We can duplicate the error in Hyperterminal sessions running on the NAS itself so we've at least been able to eliminate internet / external network issues. It's easy to duplicate with two clients, just have them hit 7 on the main menu to open the Bin Lookup menu, then 6 to open the Zone List. At that point, we get a 10 second or so pause on both guns, then they will both continue at the same time. There doesn't appear to be any strain on the NAS server or the SQL server. The regular NAV client users don't notice any slow downs and burps when this is going on on the ADCS. We're not sure how to go about further narrowing down the issue. Does anyone have any advice? I can provide more information if required.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I haven't used ADCS for a while but I suggest to get the latest version from 2009 and see if you can replicate them if the problem is resolved, you can just load those specific objects into 5.0 sp1. They are self contained.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • CF_ChrisCF_Chris Member Posts: 3
    ara3n wrote:
    I haven't used ADCS for a while but I suggest to get the latest version from 2009 and see if you can replicate them if the problem is resolved, you can just load those specific objects into 5.0 sp1. They are self contained.

I'd love to do that but unfortunately they're running several other things, Business Notifications among them, that would make this more than just an executables upgrade. We need to work with what they've got for the time being.