Attain 4.0 client incompatible with W7

markyTmarkyT Member Posts: 120
Hi, I've Attain 4.0 client and it's incompatible with Windows7. Then, I can't install it? What can O do?.
Thanks for help

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    install virtual pc or do exe upgrade.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ara3n wrote:
    install virtual pc or do exe upgrade.

Or use terminal server with Windows 2003.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, if the technical upgrade is no option, you need to keep old windows or use them remotely. No other option.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Version 4.03 with platform update 6 works with Windows Vista so I think it should work with Windows 7. But if possible I would do a technical upgrade you get more possibilities.
    Hi, I've Attain 4.0 client and it's incompatible with Windows7. Then, I can't install it? What can O do?.
    Thanks for help

Just download Build 26565 for 4.00 and it will work fine. Just make sure to do some performance tests because there were quite a few changes along the way.
    David Singleton
  • markyTmarkyT Member Posts: 120
    Thanks everybody for help. I want to install it in local, then, when can I download build 26565, please?.
    Thanks for help.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    markyT wrote:
    Thanks everybody for help. I want to install it in local, then, when can I download build 26565, please?.
    Thanks for help.

Contact your partner and ask them to down load it from Partner Source.
    David Singleton
  • markyTmarkyT Member Posts: 120
    Thanks. I've contact to my partner but he redirects me to the Microsoft "CustomerSource" but here there's anyway to find this update or hotfix. If anybody can help me I'll appreciate it very much.
    Thanks for help.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    If your partner does not aid you in installing updates and hotfixes, I would advice you to renegotiate the terms and agreement between your partner.
    If a government issued update is released, does your partner also refer you to customersource? Or does he leave you in the dark?
    I believe a partner should advise you (either free of charge or under a support agreement), maintain your installation by installing updates and required hotfixes, fixing bugs from custimization (if any) (normally under support agreement) and help your business forward by offering and advising you with new technologies and techniques that are interesting for you.

If you however have found a partner that has money as primary reason for existence, subpar services are usually delivered.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|