ADO - Codepages

jamesjames Member Posts: 56
Hi,

I have an issue I am trying to deal with at the moment, whereby we use ADO to populate Microsoft Access through a Codeunit. We have two variables using 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library'.Connection and 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library'.Recordset.

The routine creates a text file, but during this process the individual fields that are populated are sent directly into an Access table. Everything works fine with this, the issue we have is changing the default Codepage.

If we import the text file that is created, and specify UTF-8 during the Access import wizard, the Unicode characters are populated correctly however if we write directly into the Access tables via ADO in the codeunit it goes in as the raw values for that Unicode text i.e. ðÜð×ðö instead of КОД

Does anyone know how to change the codepage whilst using ADO. I have read about you can change the Charset via 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library'.Stream, but not sure how this can be used with the current setup

James

Comments

• agentzagentz Member Posts: 14
    either your ado connectivity/command parameters or your odbc settings can possibly control the format. not certain.

most likely you're missing an optional format parameter from the command object in your code.

just a thought but i'd highly recommend using webservices and sql server over ado and access.
    way less minutia to deal with! more efficient.

like this kinda issue.
    spend your time developing not trouble shooting.

see, these kind of problems are not an issue using webservices because they've been addressed. so you get other problems that make you want to just eat a whole pound of bacon in one evening. jk its worth the move though!