grouping and calculating (tataling) Excel buffer varible

mohasinmohasin Member Posts: 16
I have excel buffer variable,i want to group common entries in it and calculate total for the each gruop
please help me

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    In the US database, you can look at the Aged Accounts Receivables report. It has example on how to do this.
  • mohasinmohasin Member Posts: 16
    Unable to understand that report,
    please tell me in-terms of explaination with just few lines.please....
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Figuring out how something works is one of the most important skills that you need as a developer.

Open classic client, and run the report, making sure you check the 'print to excel' checkbox. See if you can set a filter so that it only prints a few lines, say on a customer that only has a couple of outstanding invoices.

Turn on the debugger, and run the report again. Step through it and see what happens. Figure out how it works. You know what's going to happen because you've run it without the debugger, so you can match what is going on in the code with what you know is going to happen with the report.

If you don't get it the first time, do it again. For something like this I would expect you to spend at least a whole day just to get to a point where you can recognize what code does what task. It will also give you a good idea of the flow of a report object.

Good luck :mrgreen:
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    mohasin wrote:
    Unable to understand that report,
    please tell me in-terms of explaination with just few lines.please....

If you're not able to figure it out with the coding sample already provided, you should seek a senior person to help you.

Asking someone on the forum to teach you how to program is not going to work.
  • SRishiSRishi Member Posts: 26
    Hi Experts,
    But In My case problem is that i done the grouping through group footer and i can export the data of Header , Data and Footer easily
    trough Add column function of excel buffer table but when i tried to export data of group footer it doesn't work please any one help me
    Regards,
    Rishi Chourey