Options

Avoiding "Find as You Type"?

landsteinarirllandsteinarirl Member Posts: 11
edited 2001-08-15 in Navision Financials
Does anyone know how to prevent the find dialogue property "Find as You Type" from being set to True automatically when the dialogue is invoked by a user typing on a non-editable field?
Mark Bryans
K3
F4 Bymac Centre
Northwest Business Park
Ballycoolin
Dublin 15
Mob: +353 (0)87 9172682
Tel: +353 (0)1 8208321
Fax: +353 (0)1 8208322

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Tools / Options /Quick Find .. set to No.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by landsteinarirl:
    Does anyone know how to prevent the find dialogue property "Find as You Type" from being set to True automatically when the dialogue is invoked by a user typing on a non-editable field?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    David Singleton
  • Options
    landsteinarirllandsteinarirl Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the responses but what we're really looking for is to be able to do it for some forms and not others or even possibly for some fields and not others.

The only ways I can think of are:
    1. To create a subclass of the standard form object to which you can either pass a switch to turn Quick Find on/off or an array/structure of switches to turn Quick Find on/off for individual forms.
    2. To create a subclass of the standard field object to which you can pass a switch to turn Quick Find on/off.

Only problem is that I dopn't have any experience in C/SIDE and from what I gather Navision don't let you do this do they?
    Mark Bryans
    K3
    F4 Bymac Centre
    Northwest Business Park
    Ballycoolin
    Dublin 15
    Mob: +353 (0)87 9172682
    Tel: +353 (0)1 8208321
    Fax: +353 (0)1 8208322