Flow field Constant 0DT filter

njhansennjhansen Member Posts: 37
This has to be easy, and I'm just missing something obvious. When creating a flowfield, what is the correct syntax for a constant zero/null datetime?

Custom table "Scheduled Payment" contains entries that are are promised payments from customers, so I expected a flowfield on customer with a calcformula to the following effect to work:
-Sum("Scheduled Payment"."Scheduled Amount" WHERE (Bill-to Customer No.=FIELD(Bill-to Customer No.),Charged At=CONST(0DT)))

The objective is just to get the total amount the customer has already promised, but we have not yet processed.

The compiler however, says that 0DT is not a valid date. I suppose that is technically true, but it won't take 0D either, and the field in question is a datetime, not a date. Also tried ' ', 0, and just leaving it empty. NAV allows it to be empty, but doesn't seem to filter as I expect (get zero when I expect a number).

Answers

• njhansennjhansen Member Posts: 37
    Arghh. Nothing like seeing your code in print to make your mistakes obvious.

OK, the filter should have been
    -Sum("Scheduled Payment"."Scheduled Amount" WHERE (Bill-to Customer No.=FIELD(No.),Charged At=CONST()))

(not bill-to = bill-to)

Blank for the datetime wasn't my problem. It works just fine.