Error: Cannot Match Item Tracking

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
hi folks,

Error: I am unable to release transfer order because it says: Cannot Match Item Tracking

not sure if my assumption is right, its because of item tracking setup in item card

-anyone knows when do nav insert into lines/ records item specification tables? i tried to setup in the item card> Item Tracking Code, Item Tracking No's, Starting No Series but still unable to NAVISION insert records into item tracking specification.

appreciate your helpfulness in advance :)

Answers

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Item tracking lines are to be entered manually. Let's say if you need to to a transfer of some of the items from one location to another, after you insert the transfer lines, you need to go to the Lines --> Item Tracking Lines --> Shipment and Receipt for selecting the Item Serial / Lot numbers which you would like to ship or receive (see attachment). Once you select the serial / lot numbers the system will let you post the document, not before that (if item tracking is selected for the specified item)

Hope this helps.

Chn

• skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    One more thing to note is those entries are not stored in Tracking specification table those are stored in Reservation Entry Table.
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    Chinmoy,

thanks for replying.. after inputing items in my transfer documents, Line> Item Tracking Lines> Shipment> Under Lot No Elipses [...], look up into it and select the lot that i want> input the quantity (base)> put the cursor on next line to ensure that tracking lines data is being captured> press <esc>> NAVISION actually shows savings item tracking lines and go back to the transfer order line..

When release the document still i got the error message:
    Cannot match item tracking.
    :(
    skulla,
    skulla wrote:
    One more thing to note is those entries are not stored in Tracking specification table
    any idea when 'll entries goes into tracking specification?
    skulla wrote:
    those are stored in Reservation Entry Table.
    understand that... however i realize that the reservation status still under 'surplus' instead of reservation..
    when 'll it become 'Reservation' since I am unable to realease the document...?
    :roll:
    Has this got anything to do with Warehouse receipt? Can check this option too..

Chn
    Chinmoy,

let me see if i got your point right, i went to the warehouse entry table, on the particular record, i cant find the Lot No and serial number field to consist of any value, when i click on the look up, it prompts me : No information exists for Lot No.

where else can i check on besides this ?
    Hi,

What I meant here is that the message may have got something to do with the warehouse shipment and receipts. I mean the locations you have selected in the Transfer Order may be warehousing locations, in that case I think there are some more processes to be followed before you can release the order. As I said I am not an expert in warehousing, so I guess you need to find out whether you are missing some steps which needs to be carried out in case the location selected is setup in NAV as a warehouse. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Chn
    Chinmoy,

thanks for clarifying... its set as non structure warehouse, thus no warehouse receipt required..
    You can debug SynchronizeWhseActivItemTrkg function in Codeunit 6500 - Item Tracking Management to find out what is wrong in your case. At the end of this function, NAV is checking the values of some flowfields in the Tracking Specification table like:

IF (TempTrackingSpec."Qty. to Handle (Base)" <> 0) OR (TempTrackingSpec."Qty. to Invoice (Base)" <> 0) THEN
    ERROR(Text002); // Cannot match item tracking

I tried with some serializable items in my test database, and it works fine.

Chn
    Chinmoy,

much appreciated your testing...i got my error from
    Codeunit 99000830 Create Reserv. Entry\BalanceLists()
    Good.. please share some details of your findings.. thanks..

Chn
    edited 2012-07-13
    is the reservation entry
    #-o
    i guess is the reservation entry..
    i have 2 batch of stock, basically when reserve NAVISION normally uses the oldest batch (based on FIFO principle), and the oldest batch in which my transfer older trying to apply cant find the relevant tracking number with this batch, therefore i explicitly choose the second batch where there's a lot no, and wa lah, i can post ship & receipt already.. \:D/

now the issues is, for the batch without tracking number, how do i assign them ?