Change Default Directory When Create New Database?

anhndanhnd Member Posts: 11
Hi all,
how to do change default directory database when create new database

Thanks !

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    See attachments...

• anhndanhnd Member Posts: 11
    edited 2012-07-06
    Thanks Chinmoy !
    But instead of 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.....'
    in 'File Name' Column every time create new database, I want default directory is 'D:\Database...'

How can do ?
    See attachment. Hope this helps... :)

• anhndanhnd Member Posts: 11
    Thanks you very much !, Chinmoy.
    You are welcome.. :)

Please mark your post as solved.
  • TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    Hi Chinmoy,
    I have been unable to make the default database settings (for instance D:\SQL) get used when creating a new database from NAV. It works fine if i create a new database directly in SSMS.

Is it working for you?
  • TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    Well, I think the above posting regarding default placings of SQL files and log from Chinmoy is incorrect for versions up to NAV 2009 R2, maybe it has changed in NAV 2013?

For versions up to NAV 2009 R2 the only way to influence this is to move to master database because NAV is following the Master database.

Anybody has any thoughts on this?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Tvis wrote:
    Well, I think the above posting regarding default placings of SQL files and log from Chinmoy is incorrect for versions up to NAV 2009 R2, maybe it has changed in NAV 2013?

For versions up to NAV 2009 R2 the only way to influence this is to move to master database because NAV is following the Master database.

Anybody has any thoughts on this?

My thought is that it's bloody annoying. :bug: This bug has been in NAV as long as I can remember, its about time they fixed it.

Still it could be worse, I have seen some SQL applications that don't even let you change the directory when creating a database.
    David Singleton