webservice for NAV Classic

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
Hi All,
i'm using nav 2009 classic
but i want to do programming using web service
can I do this?

if i'm not wrong only can use codeunit to do this?
am I correct?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Are you consuming other webservices in C/Side programming in classic client? Or are you doing the development outside of nav and want to consume nav webservices and only using classic client not not RTC?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    ara3n wrote:
    Are you consuming other webservices in C/Side programming in classic client? Or are you doing the development outside of nav and want to consume nav webservices and only using classic client not not RTC?

nope...
    i want to develop using mobile device, so this webservice need to connect to nav database
    and unfortunately.. my client do not have domain, so still using classic environment
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    can we do posting routines using webservice?
    create DO from 3rd party
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    julkifli33 wrote:
    can we do posting routines using webservice?
    create DO from 3rd party

"Everything" is possible with webservices. Every action that can be performed by a user in NAV can be automated and/or called from an external application.

However to use the webservices the NAV server service and WS service should run. If you can't make it work check out this blog
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • sendit2jasonsendit2jason Member Posts: 23
    To answer the initial question; Yes you can.

Providing that you are running on a SQL database as the NAV Web Service can only work with this option.
    You also need to ensure the SQL Database is Enabled for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.
    You also need to check that the NAV Licence covers some NAV 2009 RTC bits from memory. Partners can check this.
    Next you simply Run Form 810 to add your WebServices. Codeunits will exist of course, however the Page objects might not there.

There are a few hurdles to overcome such as the dreaded kerbos/namespace issues, but there are multiple helpful links to assist on this (way too much to add on this message).
    Jason Bradley
    Working with NAV since 2001

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens” - Jimi Hendrix