Copy / Paste problem

JvdWalJvdWal Member Posts: 13
Hello,

Since a week are so I have a problem:

When I copy ctrl c a number of rows and try to paste it in a record. For exampel from Live to Test.
It paste everyting in one field.

I tried to remove and recreate the .zup file, but this did not help.

Has anyone any Idea??

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Can you be able to paste properly in same database?
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    For some table, you could not paste the record:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You cannot paste into this table.

OK
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    JvdWal wrote:
    Hello,

Since a week are so I have a problem:

When I copy ctrl c a number of rows and try to paste it in a record. For exampel from Live to Test.
    It paste everyting in one field.

I tried to remove and recreate the .zup file, but this did not help.

Has anyone any Idea??
    check the table properties
    there is a "Paste is Valid" , you must set as yes
    Andwian wrote:
    For some table, you could not paste the record:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You cannot paste into this table.

OK
    this is because of PasteIsValid property of the table..
    but I think this is not the case here.
  • JvdWalJvdWal Member Posts: 13
    @ mohana_cse06

I can also not paste in the same database..

@ Andwian
    It is not a "past is valid" problem, becaurse I could always do that and also checked this already.

It looks like its a (Windows problem),,??
    Did you install Skype Click-to-Call? If yes, please disable or uninstall (from the programs and features control panel), you need restart Windows after that.
  • JvdWalJvdWal Member Posts: 13
    I have Skype installed, but did not install Click to Call.

I have checked but no Click to Call
    recently the Click to Call has created same problem for one of my colleagues..
  • josephdeweyjosephdewey Member Posts: 87
    Here is my handy little guide for questions like this:

#1: Make sure that you are copying to and from the same table. Navision can copy well from the same table to the same table, but can't copy from one table to another.
    #2: Make sure that you're copying either Navision to Navision, or Navision to Excel. You can't copy from Excel to Navision.
    #3: Try first to copy from the same Navision session to the same Navision session, meaning don't close out of it. Usually you can do cool stuff, like copy Navision data from one remote desktop, to another remote desktop, but it doesn't always work, and making sure that you can copy in the same session, like to a different company, is a good first start.
    #4: Sometimes selecting the row helps, but I might have been dreaming this. I still try it when everything else doesn't work.

It seems like you're not getting an error message, just all of the stuff tries to get copied in the first cell, instead of the row.

Navision copies a ton of header information into the clipboard, that is behind the scenes, so this can also sometimes happen if you paste it to another application, and then copy it from another application (#2 above)

The next step would be to post which table you're having trouble with, and more detail on what you're doing.
    Joseph Dewey
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV User