Post Inventory to G/L - Per Posting Group

highwaystarhighwaystar Member Posts: 22
Hello Experts,

One of our consultant unchecked the expected cost posting and automatic cost posting from 22-May-2012 till 02-June-2012. When we realized this, we run the Adjust Item - Cost Entries and Post Inventory to G/L - Per Posting Group and turn ON the Expected Cost Posting and Automatic Cost Posting. Now the system has passed the Per Posting Group adjustment entries, and we have oberseved the following:

1. No entries are passed in the Inventory Accrual account by the system
2. Some of the inventory ledgers have gone in negative where as the inventory valuation is all positive.
3. There is a difference in the Inventory Valulation (1001) report figures and stock ledger figures in Balance Sheet, especially for Finished Goods and Semi Finished Goods.

We have been trying to reconcile the inventory valuation with ledgers but with no luck so far. Since the Post Inventory was done Per Posting Group, the system has created consolidated Journal Entries for set of Value Entries. We also check the Table ID 5823 - "G/L - Item Ledger Relation", but all invein.

Costing Method: FIFO
Average Cost Period: Month

How can we ascertain the amount passed in the consolidated entries for each inventory journal.

Thanks in anticipation

Comments

• highwaystarhighwaystar Member Posts: 22
    NAV Version 2009 SP1
  • highwaystarhighwaystar Member Posts: 22
    Hi Experts,

Well I came across a solution to the below issue posted by me. On the partnersource, came across "Costing Error Detection" whitepaper and fob to verify the costing issues in the inventory. When I run the report, the reported listed down the entries on which Expected Cost Posted to G/L was not reveresed on Invoiced transactions. The report lists the Item ledger Entry No. on which the net Expected Cost POsted to G/L is not 0.

Once you identify the value entry of the Invoice of this Item ledger Entry, and manually update in the "Post Value Entry to G/L" (Table ID 5811) and run the Report ID 1002, it generates the Inventory Accrual/Inventory Interim entry and respective Stock (FG/SFG/RM) entries.

With the above solution, I was able to resolve the issue but not completely. The difference from few millions have come to few thousands now.

After the above process, I run the "Inventory - G/L Reconciliation" Report to ascertain the difference. This report shows the difference in Production Order in the "Inventory to WIP" column. Can somebody let me know how can I resolve this?